Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

3rd Birthday shirt

The Big Fry! The past 2 years I've made Anders a Birthday shirt special for his day & have to carry on this tradition for as long as he will let me. I feel like a saw a shirt similar to this some where but cannot find it - So I recreated it off of memory & much research (that is code for eating lots of McD's french fries).

I bought a toddler T- shirt at JAF & used scrap knit material. Then looked for clip art that I liked ( the carton clip art was separate from the fries - I liked that the fries looked more 3 dimensional).
Enlarge clip art to suit your needs & cut out of scrap fabric. Also cut out the pieces in Stitch Witchery. I trimmed the Stitch Witchery to be just a hair smaller that the fabric so it would not ruin my iron.

I used reverse applique to add an "A" to the fry carton.

I then ironed on the fry carton (the Stitch Witchery goes between the T-shirt & the carton fabric).
I used rulers to measure from each side seam to make sure the carton would be centered on the T-shirt.
Once cool, stitch the outline of the fry container & then stitch the detail. I used black thread & went over it 2 times to just make it "pop" a bit more.
Iron on your fries & stitch the edges. Then stitch the detail to make them look 3 dimensional. I used a orange-ish tan color thread to make the edges look crispy ( Thanks to all my research).







Finished!




Peepers thought this T was a big hit - Especially since he likes French Fries so much!


I had to get in a few tickles while we were taking these photos...



Thank you, Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment